Georgia’s Old Capital Museum at the Depot
Amy J. Wright, Ph.D., Executive Director

P.O. Box 1177 (mailing)
95 Depot Circle Drive
Milledgeville, GA 31059-1177
(former CSH campus)
,
(478)-453-1803

awright@oldcapitalmuseum.org
Georgia's Old Capital Museum
At The Depot

Tours / Events

In the historic Brown-Stetson-Sanford House (See photo below) in downtown Milledgeville, GOCMS created a house museum that reflects the period 1857-1880 when Daniel and Edith Stetson bought and transformed the former inn/tavern into a family home. On Thursdays, Fridays, and Saturdays, the Convention & Visitors’ Bureau Trolley brings visitors for a guided tour of the house. This is an insightful look into life during the antebellum and Civil War years when Milledgeville was the capital of Georgia and through the turmoil of Reconstruction years. In addition to the Trolley tours, every fall and spring over 1,500 area fourth and fifth graders visit the house in conjunction with their study of Georgia history. In addition, the Brown-Stetson-Sanford House is a popular setting for small weddings, receptions, and museum events.
Brown-Stetson-Sanford House
Join us for this community event, The Fabric that Binds Us, Sunday, June 17th 2pm-7pm, Central State Hospital Campus